My Qualifications & Experience
I have tertiary qualifications in exercise physiology and graphic design.
- 2003 Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design, Canberra Institute of Technology.
- 2002 Certificate IV in Graphic Design, Northern Territory University.
- 1998 PhD in Exercise Physiology, The University of Western Australia. thesis: ‘Role of ventilation on arterial oxygen saturation during exercise’
- 1991 Bachelor of Science (Hons, 1st class), Department of Human Movement and Exercise Science, The University of Western Australia. honours thesis: 'Ergogenic effect of sodium bicarbonate ingestion on well-trained 400/800m runners'.
- 1995-present: Web Design and management of personal websites.
- design of websites and writing content. SEO and web promotion.
- 2004-present: Graphic Design Consulting - logo, letterhead, business card designs, and advertising and brochure designs.
- 2004 Graphic Designer at the Exhibition Centre - mostly design of posters and banners for government clients.
- 2001-2 Senior Sport Scientist / Sport Science Manager at the Northern Territory Institute of Sport:duties include staff supervision, fitness testing of athletes, conducting research, coordinating strength and conditioning services.
- 1999-01 Sport Scientist at the Northern Territory Institute of Sport: duties include fitness testing of athletes, conducting research, laboratory management.
- 2002 Tutor at Northern Territory University – anatomy and physiology: to 2nd year students
- 2002- Sport Science consultant for Tenpin Bowling Australia: lectures to national coaches and squads.
- 1996-98 Casual Exercise Physiologist for LifeCare Sports Medicine Clinic, Challenge Stadium: duties include ECG stress testing, exercise asthma testing, fitness appraisals, exercise programming, injury rehabilitation, corporate and sporting presentations.
- 1998 Centre for Athletic Testing at The University of Western Australia: coordinating and performing physiological testing of athletes.
- 1993-98 Tutor and Examiner at The University of Western Australia: 2nd year Exercise Physiology laboratory classes and 3rd year Research Methods class.
- 1991-5 Casual Exercise Physiologist at the West Australian Institute of Sport: duties include physiological testing, data base entry and report writing.
- 1995 Talent Search Program at the West Australian Institute of Sport: conducting of physiological field tests at schools and in the WAIS laboratory as part of the national talent identification program.
- 1992 Post-graduate Scholar at the Australian Institute of Sport: duties included conducting physiological testing, preparing reports for coaches and athletes, and completion of a research project, entitled "The effect of 650 m altitude on rowing ergometer performance".
- 2013 - completed 'Writing for the Web' online course on open2study.com.